Dr. E. Gregory Thompson reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Thompson has been a practicing general internist in the Boise, Idaho, area since 1995 and currently sees patients at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center in Boise, Idaho. He is a clinical instructor teaching medical students and residents through the University of Washington. Dr. Thompson is also on the adjunct faculty at Idaho State University College of Pharmacy. He was a member of the Idaho State Drug Utilization and Review Committee from 1999 to 2003 and was its chairman from December 2000 to January 2003.
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Dr. Thompson serves as primary medical reviewer for adult health-related topics, with a primary focus on internal medicine.
- MD: Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, 1991
- Primary Care Residency: University of Washington, 1991–1995
- Chief Medical Resident: University of Washington/Boise Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1995–1996
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor of Medicine, University of Utah, 2006-present
- Affiliate Faculty, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Idaho State University, 2003–present
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine, University of Washington, 2000–present
- St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, Boise, 2003–present
- Boise Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1996–1997, 2000–2003
- Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital, Boise, 2003–present
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Boise, 1997–2000
- Ada County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Physicians
- Idaho Medical Association
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Thompson EG, et al (2005). Anemias. In JT Dipiro, ed., Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 6th ed., pp. 1805–1832. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Thompson EG, et al. (1988). Effects of hormonal, sexual, and social history on pair bonding and mating in prairie voles. Physiology and Behavior, 44(6): 691–697.
- Thompson EG, Thompson JM (1988). Developmental changes in spinal cord neurite-promoting activity from chick muscle extracts. Brain Research, 468(1): 158–160.
This reviewer reported no financial conflicts.